EMMA – Creative Center Pforzheim is looking for 3 young designers to join its Designers in Residence program April-June 2019 in Pforzheim, Germany.
Every year from April to June the city of Pforzheim invites international young designers as part of the scholarship program “Designers in Residence” to Pforzheim. “Designers in Residence” is aimed at young designers working in the fields of jewelery, fashion and product design. One scholarship holder for each subject will be invited to the EMMA – Creative Center Pforzheim for a three-month working phase.
The Designers in Residence Pforzheim program is a 3-month full time working residency from April to June 2019.
- applications open to designers worldwide
- open to young international designers in the areas of jewellery, fashion, accessories and industrial design.
- Applicants must have completed studies at an university of applied sciences or university, must not be older than 35 years old and / or must have completed their studies not longer than two years ago.
- Language skills in English or German required
- No applications fee
HOW TO APPLY
DEADLINE TO APPLY: November 15 2018
DESIGNERS IN RESIDENCE PFORZHEIM SCHOLORSHIP BENEFITS:
- In total there will be three scholarships: Of all applications, the three best will be considered.
- The scholarship includes use of fully equipped workshop workplaces in the EMMA Creative Center in Pforzheim. As required, it will also be possible to use the workshop facilities of the Pforzheim University of Applied Sciences.
- Free accommodation for the period of three months.
- Each scholarship holder will receive a monthly support of 1,000 euros.
- Travel costs for the journey from and back to home.
- A special allowance will be made available for material costs.
- The results of the work scholarship will be presented in an exhibition at the EMMA Creative Center in Pforzheim and in co-operation with the Baden-Württemberg Design Center in Stuttgart.
- Those accepting the scholarship are required to be in residence. The scholarship holder may only be absent for a maximum of 10 days.
When is the Designers in Residence programme? April 1 to June 30, 2019
THE FULL EQUIPED WORKPLACES AT THE EMMA CREATIVE CENTER INCLUDE:
- A desk in the Coworking area including lockable container and internet access
- The workshop for Industrial Design which is equipped with bench drill, combined belt grinding motor, scroll saw, electric drill, vices and worktables.
- The goldsmith workshop which is equipped with combined sheet an wire rolling mill, hand wire drawing bench, polishing motor, hand press, electric melting furnace, Puk 04 soldering porch, silversmith´s need (embossing hammer, planishing hammer, polishing hammer, texturing hammer, horn anvil, various white pig iron), bracelet mandrel, mandrel, ultrasonic cleaner, pickling unit, knee lever press, straight line engine turning machine, drop hammer.
- The workshop for fashion and accessory design which is equipped with a big editing table, tailor´s dummies, several sewing machines (overlock machine, blind stitch machine, industrial sewing machine, cover-stitch seam machine, leather sewing machine), fusing press, steam pressing device and material storage.
- If required, it is also possible to work in the workshops at the Faculty of Design, University of Pforzheim
DOCUMENTS & WORK REQUIRED TO APPLY:
Applicants have to submit the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae including details of previous grants, awards, prizes
- Description of the project idea / item to be designed in the scholarship period
- proof of final degree
- Work samples: products / models, photographs or other pictures of the design work (folder, catalogue)
- The application can be made in German or English.
Additional to the online application it is possible to hand in samples of your work via post to EMMA – Kreativzentrum Pforzheim Designers in Residence, Emma-Jaeger-Straße 20, 75175 Pforzheim Germany
Confirmation of a scholarship will be made mid-December 2018.
HAVE A QUESTION?
If you have any question about the residency, please do contact EMMA creative center by email on email@example.com or call +49 72 313 91 874
The post Call for Entries: Designers in Residence Pforzheim 2019 appeared first on ARTS THREAD.